Saturday, August 14, 2010

Skorca!

"Penguin, penguin make a wishy. Something scaly, cold and squishy. How's about a tasty fishy? What kind do you eat?"
"Catfish!"
"Albacore!"
"Snapper!"
"Fish!"
"And don't forget the grenade!"
"And that settles that. Odette, you're on area recon duty."
"What? Alone? All night?"
"And with potential enemies on all sides. It's a soldiers paradise."
"Can I bring snacks?"
"Alright, deal. But nothing sugary. For recon you need focus and discipline. Sweet stuff goes straight to the brain."
"Okay, I'm going now. Don't wait up."
After a few hours on the clock tower, Odette had consumed a box of peanut butter winkies. Then she saw something and alerted the penguins about it.
"It was an orca. And it came from the sky!"
"Alright, your highness. We'll combat the threat in the morning."
"Alright, troops. We've got an airborne predator. Kowalski, battle plans. Rico, weapons. Private, combat tactics. Dumbo, aerial combat strategies. Tiana, traps. Naveen, bait. James, research. Odette, I want full details on- What happened to your wing?"
"Were you hit?"
"No, it's nothing."
"Just calm down. Let me see."
"Sticky. It's sugar sticky."
"Uh, yes. About that."
"Peanut Butter Winky."
"Uh, okay. I know what you're thinking. Odette ate too much sugar and now she's dreamed up some flying whale that doesn't even exist."

"Wow! That is what I'm thinking!"
"Sugar dreams and mind reading powers? How many winkies did you eat?"
"Skipper."
"This wasn't just some sugar dream. That orca was real."
"I'm sorry, Odette. But compare the evidence."
"On the sugar side, we've got empty snack wrappers and your own upset stomach."
"On the Skorca side, nothing."
"But maybe he moved. Maybe he's even coming this way."
"There, look! I see the Skorca!"
"Where?"
"It was right over there."
"Skorca!"
"You missed it."
Then the others talked about their next move.
"What's your diagnosis, Kowalski?"
"Acute Imaginosis of the fighty bone. Worst case I've ever seen."
"Is there any cure?"
"Well, the sugar should wear off in less than five minutes."
"That's five too many. Give me results, man."
"Alright. The skorca is a pretend creature. Therefore, if we pretend to defeat it, that should cure Private's sugar-stoked fantasies."
"It's here! Skorca ahoy, Skipper!"
"Engage!"
"Skipper? You're all just pretending!"
"Whoa, mama! It's gonna eat me! Oh, boy!"
"Reengage."
"They don't believe me. Well, I guess it's up to me to stop the Skorca."
And so Private was on his way to battle the flying marine creature.
"Looks like Private's got it even worse than we thought. Pursue and restrain."
After a while, the others had caught up with Private and restrained him.
"Stand down, soldier. We're only here to help."
"You can help by believing me."
"I'm sorry Private. There's just no such thing as a giant flying orca. Why are the humans screaming?"
"They appear to be too scared to move, screaming through frozen, twisted smiles at some unseen, yet terrifying- Funny. I don't remember a sudden forcast of giant, orca-shaped shadows- Sweet mercy!"
"Mother Matahari! It's real!"
"Sorry."
"It's okay. We have to get to higher ground. Attack from above."
"You heard the princess. Move, move, move!"
Soon, they were bouncing on the skorca.
"Hey, I've penetrated the shield."
"Odette! Nooo!"
A memorial service was dedicated on the same day.
"Her name was Odette. She was the most beautiful swan I ever knew. How did I repay her? By telling her there was no skorca."
"Actually, Skipper, you're right. And as of today, there is no skorca."
"You did it!"
"You got the skin of the Skorca."
"Wow. A flying orca. It was like a penguin's worst nightmare made reality."
"Now, let's go back to base."
The Penguins of Madagascar have succeeded once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment