Sunday, February 6, 2011

Madagascar

Alex snuck up in front of Marty and jumped up and said: "Suprise!" "Aaah!" "Alex, Kate, do not interrupt me when I'm daydreaming." "Come on, Marty, just wanted to wish you a happy birthday." "Hey, thanks." "Hey, I got something stuck in my teeth, It's driving me crazy." "Can you help me out here, please?" "Alright." "I don't see it." "It's on the left." "Aah!" "Sorry." "Just don't talk with your mouth full." "Say aah. Right in here. What the heck is this doing in there?" "Happy birthday!" "Aw, thanks, man. You put it behind your tooth. You're okay!" "These aren't even on the shelf yet." "Take look. Look at that, it's snowing." "This snowglobe will be sold in the winter season." "Say, Marty, what's wrong?" "The present's good. It's just that another year has come and going and I'm doing the same old thing. Stand over here, walk over there, eat some grass, walk back to the treadmill." "We see your problem. You just gotta get out of that old routine." "Do something differen every day." "Really?" "You know, make it fresh." "Okay, I'll do that." "Works for me." "Look at the time." "Get back to places." "Places everyone." "Action!" "It's showtime!" "Be ready, animals!" "I enjoy doing this at the zoo. Don't you, Humphrey?" "I enjoy it alright. Especially because Kate and I are together. Not to mention the pack." "Say, what's that?" "You quadrupeds, where are we?" "Manhattan." "Blast it. We're still in New York." "Wait. What are you fellas doing?" "We're digging to Antarctica." "You mean the South Pole?" "Can you keep a secret, my misfit friends?" "Sure." "Do you ever see any penguins running free in this city?" "No, we don't." "Of course not." "We don't belong here. It's not natural. We're going to the wild." "You can go there?" "Actually, Marty, Humphrey and I and the pack once lived out in the wild." "You actually lived there?" "Yes, we did." "Hey, it's closing time." "What do we do?" "We prepare for the party." "This is a great life here in this zoo." "Come on, Marty, make a wish." "What did you wish for?" "I wished I could go to the wild!" "What?!" "The wild?! Whoa!" Melman swallowed his noisemaker." "Melman!" "I told ya it was bad luck." "Guys, help me out here." "Are you nuts? That is the worst idea I have ever heard." "It's unsanitary!" "The penguins are going, so why can't I? And Kate, Humphrey, and their pack lived out there, so what's the big deal?" "The penguins are psychotic and the wolves had experience out there." "Come on. Just imagine going back to nature. Clean air, wide open spaces." "Well, the state of Connecticut has wide open spaces." "Marty, there's certainly none of this out there." "This is a highly refined type of food that you do not find in the wild." "Actually, Alex, you gotta-" "Don't say it, Kate." "Uh, forget what I was going to say." "You ever thought there's more to life than steak, Alex?" "Alright, now that's crazy talk, Marty." "Humphrey's right, Marty." "Doesn't it bother you guys that you don't know anything about outside this zoo and that, Kate, Humphrey, the wolf pack, and James know what life is like outside this zoo?" "No." "Thanks, guys. Thanks for the party. It was great. Really." "What's eating him?" "Maybe you should talk to him, guys." "Hey, I already gave him a snowglobe." "I can't top that." "Well, I can see where this is going. Well, it is getting late. I guess I'm gonna-" Melman instantly fell asleep. "You guys have gotta talk to him." "No, we can't do it!" "Do it!" "Come on, he's your friend." "Okay, we'll do it." "Night, guys!" "Good night, Gloria." "Say, Marty, from time to time, everyone thinks that the grass might be greener somewhere else." "Guys, look at me." "I'm ten years old. My life is half over. I don't even know if I'm white with black stripes or black with white stripes." "So what are you gonna do, just go running off that to the wild be yourself?" "No." "Good." "All of us, let's go." "What?!" "You're joking." "Yeah, I'm joking alright." "I guess we gotta hit the sack." "Yeah." "Night, Alex." "Night, Marty." "Good night, Kate." "Night, Humphrey." Everything was quiet. But tonight would change forever." "Alex!" "Wake up, Alex!" "Wha-" "Eh, you suck your thumb?" "Ahahahahha!" "That's very funny guys." "Well, Kate got up to pee and she did. But on her way back, she looked into Marty's pen." "And she noticed that he wasn't there." "So, what are talking about, guys?" "Marty's gone!" "Gone? What do you mean by gone?" "He's not in his area." "Where would he go?" "I bet he's going to Connecticut!" "We gotta go out there and get him!" "He's probably lost, cold, and confused." Contrary to his belief, Marty was having the time of his life. "Wolves, move out!" "To the station!" "Intervention!" They used the subway to travel to Grand Central Station. "Here's our stop." "Move, animals!" "I got him!" "How could you do this to us?!" "What's the big deal? I was coming back in the morning!" "Don't do this again!" "Uh-oh." "We've got company!" "It's the man." "I got this guys." "Good evening officers." "Shhh." "Hey, how ya doing? Everything's alright. Just went a little cuckoo." "Hey, don't call me cuckoo." "Shush!" "Ow!" "Alex, you- Ow!" "Kate! Yeowch!" "Humphrey!" Everyone was shot with a sedator gun and boxed up in crates. "What happened?" "We've were tranquilized and confined to boxes." "Hey, guys, the wolves' boxes have windows." "Whoa!" "What's going on?!" I think that- Aaaaaah!" That night, Alex's crate washed up on Madagascar. The next day, the others arrived on the island in the same way. "I'm gonna kill you, Marty!" "Stop!" "We just gotta find the people and have this mess straightened out."


They met King Julien and his lemurs. "We gotta get outta here!" "Help!" "Hey, a sewer system!" "No, it's a grave!" "You sent Melman to his grave!" "This isn't the end. This is a new beginning. This could be the best thing that ever happened to us." "This is not the best thing that happened to us." "Come on, Alex. The wolf pack is out in the wild again." "But Marty abused the power of that birthday wish." "I didn't intend to tell you." Alex drew a line in the sand and said that Marty's side was the bad side and the other side was a good side. "We're with Marty." "I think we should go with them." "You're absolutely right, Kate." The pack went to Marty's side and enjoyed Marty's food and home. While trying to build a beacon of liberty to attract a boat and get rescued. Melman burned it down. "You maniac! You burned it up! Darn you! Darn you all to the heck!" "Can we go to the fun side now?" Everyone but Alex went to the fun side. "I hope Alex will join us." "Don't worry, Kate. I'm sure he will." "Let's hope so, Humphrey." Just then, they heard a knock on the door. "Be quiet. It could be Alex." "Hey, it is Alex." "Well, look who decided to be a good friend again." "Come on in, Alex." "Very impressive." "Hey, have a drink it's one of our best ones." "Ugh! This is seawater." "Oh, you don't swallow it. It's just temporary til plumbing is done." "I got my own." "Hey, you guys look hungry. How would you like some of nature's goodness?" "You've got food?" "What is it?" "Seaweed on a stick." "Sorry. My soda went down my windpipe. Wait. Did you say seaweed on a stick?" "Yep. Don't love it till you try it." "Marty, some of us don't eat plants." "Kate's right. We wolves prefer meat to plants." "I got some of that too." "Thanks, Marty." "But how did you know that some of us would want meat?" "I saw you eating some the other night." "It doesn't get any better than this." "Oh, but it does." "Whoa. That's amazing." "I think we should get to sleep." "Right." "Night, everyone." The next morning, "Aaaaah!" "What the deuce is happening?" "Welcome to Madagascar." "I knew that Julien." "I knew that we were on the island of Madagascar." "Hey, what's that?" "It's like your mural. Except that it's the real thing!" "That's true, Humphrey!" "Come on, let's get our blood pumpin' and our lungs breathin' all this fresh air!" "Who's with me?" "What are we waitin' for? Let's get out there!" "Hey, get off of my back!" "That's crazy!" "Come on, Alex, get in the groove!" "I don't have the energy to continue." "I don't think that's your problem." "First, walking on two legs is not how you run out here." "You gotta let out that inner lion!" Suddenly, Alex was so moved by that instinct to run that he ran in front of Marty, Kate, and Humphrey, and went, "Suprise!" "Aaaah!" "Stop!" Crash! They crashed right into Alex. "You're it! Can't juke the cat! Cat's too quick! Let's go wild!" "Oh, yeah!" "I feel good! I feel like a king again!" "King?" "Yeah. You gotta see his act. Why don't you show them your act?" "Okay." "Ladies and gentlemen, lemurs of all ages, the wild proudly presents the king of New York! Alex the lion!" "Come on, Alex, roar!" Roar! "That's what a real lion's roar sounds like!" "Break out the wave!" "Aaaaaaaaaaah!" "What the-" "Whoa!" "What's going on?" "Excuse me. You're biting my butt!" "No, I'm not." "Actually, you are biting Marty's behind!" "Guys, what happened?" "He bit Marty on the butt!" "What the heck is wrong with you?!" "Why'd you bite him?!" "It's Marty and the others are his dinner?" "What? That's insane!" "Come on, Alex. Do we look like steak to you?" "Yeah!" "I told ya I don't look like a- Wait. Did you say?" "Oh, yeah!" King Julien said, "Run for your life!" "That's our cue to make a break for it!" "Gangway!" "Run!" "Guys, run!" "What have we done?" "Because Marty talked Alex into letting out that inner lion of his, he's gone totally wild." "Wait, what was that noise? That sounded like a ship." "That could be a rescue!" "I'll get Alex." "Marty, they can help us." "Wait, what's this?" "It's the penguins!" "Say, where are the humans?" "We killed them and ate their livers." "Uh...." "Got ya, didn't I? The humans are good." "Wait, I know you misfits. Where's Alex and Marty?" "Well, Skipper, Alex has gone wild from hunger and he will eat anything that looks like meat." "And Marty, he's- Wait, where is he?" "Oh no, he went back for Alex." "And doesn't he know he's risking his own safety and he'll be eaten if we're too late." Skipper told his team to get the natives to help them. "We have to hurry." "We have to get to the predator side and stop the foosa." "What about Alex?" "We can use his instincts to drive off the foosa." "I'm sure that he'll turn to us to help him fight off the fossa." "Move out!" Soon, they were on the move to find Marty and save the lemurs. "There's Marty." "Let's get him. Then, the penguins can take it from there." "Let's do it." "Charge!" "Go for it!" "Guys? That's right, Marty." "Run!" "What's the plan?" "The penguins will take it from here." "Skipper, I think that now might be the best time to attack." "Fossa halt!" "Light it up, boys!" "Come and get it!" "Spin!" "Whoa!" "Wolves, attack!" "Alex, scare them off!" "Alright, boys. Operation: Feline Fright is a success." "So, what's for lunch?" "Come on, Alex. You're not gonna eat your friends, are ya?" "No, I got a better idea." "Say, Alex, what do ya think of the fish." "It's great!" "I told you most cats like fish, but most big cats like you go for meat." "Yeah, but that guts and gore would ruin my appetite." "Now, before I propose a toast, he may have been a pain in the bottom at times, but this cat proved to all of us without a doubt, that his heart is bigger than his stomach." "To Alex." "So, you guys planning on headin' back to America?" "I don't know, guys." "Marty, you sure you wanna go back to New York?" "I don't care where we are. As long as we're all together, it doesn't matter." "And as long as I'm with Kate and you fellas, I don't care where we are. She's the most beautiful wolf." "Love's got no boundaries, if you're an Alpha or an Omega." "You really are gonna take a lot of that fish home with you." "Thank you for bringing peace to our home. And I'm gonna give this to you as a parting gift." "No, we can't take your crown." "That's okay, I have a better one." "Let's go."


No comments:

Post a Comment